Golden Banana Bread Latte
[Immune Boosting and Anti-Inflammatory to Promote a Restful Sleep]
A delicious twist on the traditional Ayurvedic “Golden Milk”
Enjoy in the evening before bed-time, especially when feeling under-the-weather.
- 2 c. water
- 1 ripe banana, cut in half with peel left on. [source of Magnesium to support metabolism]
- 3 c. non-dairy milk
[Traditional “Golden Milk” calls for coconut milk but I prefer equal parts unsweetened vanilla hemp milk and unsweetened cashew milk. Feel free to use your milk of choice]
- 1 tsp. Turmeric [anti-inflammatory]
- 1 tsp cinnamon [anti-inflammatory}
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- pinch of black pepper [increases absorption]
- 1 tiny piece fresh peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ground ginger powder [aids digestions]
- pinch of cayenne pepper [anti-inflammatory]
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
Leaving peel on, cut off and discard the top and bottom of banana then cut banana in half.
Place the banana with the peel in the boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and discard banana.
(Or allow banana to cool and feed to your pup for a healthy snack.)
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients into a blender and blend til smooth.
Pour into a small saucepan and warm over medium-heat, without boiling, stirring occasionally.
Once warm, remove from heat and with a ladle, spoon equal parts banana tea and golden milk into a mug.
Finish with an additional dash of cinnamon.